[sync] umlaut problem

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 26 22:00:26 UTC 2010

Zitat von "Gregor G." <gregorprivat at gmail.com>:

> Vilius Šumskas schrieb:
>>> If i change that in horde to an umlaut, the entry in the database is
>>> wrong (Ö) but if i sync that event back to the Phone the correct
>>> Umlaut is there (Ö) and /tmp/sync/data.txt contains:
>>>

>> It's  not  wrong.  It  just away it is. Horde doesn't
>> store  UTF-8  natively  on  the  database  level. I think you can find
>> couple of discussions regarding that in i18n and general Horde lists.
>>
> Ah, i understand. Ok, so the problem seems to be that my phone
> doesn´t send charset information when syncing to horde. Is there any
> way to set this information manually, so entries get converted like
> they should?

Your phone is obviously using vCalendar 1.0 to send events, otherwise
using the ENCODING parameter was not allowed. If no character set is
specified in with the encoding parameter, ascii encoding must be
assumed.
One could probably argue though that the phone is using the option to
specify the charset encoding on the transport layer or another higher
layer though. What charset does it specify in the xml header of the
logged client messages? If it specifies UTF-8, then your phone is
definitly broken.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/