[sync] umlaut problem

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jan 29 17:50:44 UTC 2010

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.

Zitat von "Gregor G." <gregorprivat at gmail.com>:

> Jan Schneider schrieb:
>> Your phone is obviously using vCalendar 1.0 to send events,
>> otherwise using the ENCODING parameter was not allowed. If no
>> character set is specified in with the encoding parameter, ascii
>> encoding must be assumed.
>> One could probably argue though that the phone is using the option
>> to specify the charset encoding on the transport layer or another
>> higher layer though. What charset does it specify in the xml header
>> of the logged client messages? If it specifies UTF-8, then your
>> phone is definitly broken.
> I have now been able to decode the wbxml-files. You are right,
> vCalendar is Version 1.0.
> I cannot find any charset information in the files, though:
>
> http://www.pastebin.org/pastebin.php?dl=83227
> http://www.pastebin.org/pastebin.php?dl=83230
> http://www.pastebin.org/pastebin.php?dl=83232

Indeed, which means that the data is expected to be ASCII, which it is
not. As a last resort, the phone might send the charset with the
Content-Type header, but I don't think this is allowed for the SyncML
content type application/vnd.syncml+wbxml.

You can put a
Horde::logMessage($_SERVER['CONTENT_TYPE'], __FILE__, __LINE__, PEAR_LOG_ERR);
somewhere in rpc.php and check what's being logged.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/