[sync] [error] [horde] contacts/list or contacts/listBy failed while retrieving server additions:Invalid address book

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Mon Feb 1 13:54:11 UTC 2010

The dev contacted me on the Funambol list - there's a new client coming next Friday apparently, so maybe that will help.  But there's a new issue which prompts a feature request I'd like you to consider please.

The Droid stores/alters the numbers of American and Canadian contacts into a +1-xxx-yyy-zzzz format and since my original (horde) address book has all the numbers in the format +1xxxyyyzzzz, this creates a duplicate contact on horde when the phone syncs back.  Frankly, I think that's a client issue - which I will bring up with them too - but I'd like if the server could interpret that data as being one and the same.  Ditto address books that alter the number to a +1 (xxx) yyy zzzz format.

> > However, it seems I'm not the only one with this ask - several
> people
> > over at the Funambol forums were trying to sync to a Horde server -
> > and indeed, Funambol have a project for server-to-server to
> > synchronisation.
>
> Do you have an URL or something? Doesn't make too much sense to me, I
> don't see the additional benefit for such a solution.

Here's a page I intend to study more closely today:
http://wiki.contribs.org/Horde_and_Funambol_Synchronization

But here's some other people trying to do this.
https://core.forge.funambol.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=405&dsMessageId=32233
https://core.forge.funambol.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=405&dsMessageId=33040

> > Would it be a big job to add a sync-server URL (and
> > username/password) to Turba/Kronolith - because it seems to me that
> > the communications and process seems already to be built in.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean with that.

What I meant was - since Horde already contains a SyncML server, it shouldn't be too difficult to point it to another sync server (either another Horde one or a Funambol one), enter a username and password and sync server-to-server.

Cheers

SPB