[sync] setting the Syncml uri for calendar/tasks/notes to another than the default one

karlitos at seznam.cz karlitos at seznam.cz
Wed Aug 3 08:17:00 UTC 2011

> Zitat von karlitos at seznam.cz:

> >> I have no idea what you mean with "work" calendar. Just set the
> >> server calendar you want to synchronize in the Kronolith preferences.
> >>
> >> Jan.
> >>

> > I have several different calendars on my phone. The default one -
> > personal, the one with appointments for work and so on ... In horde
> > I have the default calendar and I can also create more calendars
> > under my profile. So i have also different calendars under Kronolith
> > with different colours ...
> > In the Syncevolution SyncML client on the phone you can set the
> > source calendar on the device with the option evolutionsource =
> > ... and also the you set the target calendar - in horde - with the
> > uri= option.
>
> No you don't. I have no idea what this uri thing is. It could be the
> so called database name, but its only purpose is to distinguish
> between syncing different application types. But this could also be
> some evolution-specific thing. I don't know.

You are right. In the Syncevolution GUI are those fields called database - at least on my phone.

> > The same settings are valid for the Syncevolution Linux client which
> > sync the evolution data with a SyncML server.
> > http://syncevolution.org/wiki/hordeI can set the propper source on
> > my clients (Linux desktop, phone), but if I set uri=calendar, the
> > data from the calendar of the client set by the option
> > evolutionsource= id: ... but als long I set uri = calendar, the data
> > from the source calendar on the client (for example evolutionsource
> > = id:2 for the work appointments ) are written into the DEFAULT
> > calendar in horde. But I would like to write my work appointments to
> > the calendar for work appointments in horde which is not the default
> > one.

This is not possible.

I do not understand. At one side I can choose different calendars to sync and at the another I you say it is not possible to sync with different calendars in horde ? I could find many different descriptions in internet how to sync with horde over snycml, but none with descritpion how can I sync multiple calendras or To do's. What for are those settings about the calendars to sync ?

I will try follwing : set multiple configs for multiple sources on my phone and set the databases to the default values for horde. The I delete all my calendars in horde and I try a slow-sync. I expect that horde creates the calendars I defined as sources.

This is no syncevolution-specific setting. If you set syncml on the client, you create different config-directories with different settings for different sources. So i can create driectory called defaultcal and directory called workcal and just change the evolutionsource = ... option.