[sync] setting the Syncml uri for calendar/tasks/notes to another than the default one

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Aug 3 08:25:03 UTC 2011

Zitat von karlitos at seznam.cz:

>>> I have several different calendars on my phone. The default one ->
>>> personal, the one with appointments for work and so on ... In
>>> horde> I have the default calendar and I can also create more
>>> calendars> under my profile. So i have also different calendars
>>> under Kronolith> with different colours ...
>>> In the Syncevolution SyncML client on the phone you can set the>
>>> source calendar on the device with the option evolutionsource =>
>>> ... and also the you set the target calendar - in horde - with
>>> the> uri= option.
>>
>> No you don't. I have no idea what this uri thing is. It could be
>> theso called database name, but its only purpose is to
>> distinguishbetween syncing different application types. But this
>> could also besome evolution-specific thing. I don't know.
>
> You are right. In the Syncevolution GUI are those fields called
> database - at least on my phone.
>>
>>> The same settings are valid for the Syncevolution Linux client
>>> which> sync the evolution data with a SyncML server.>
>>> http://syncevolution.org/wiki/hordeI can set the propper source
>>> on> my clients (Linux desktop, phone), but if I set uri=calendar,
>>> the> data from the calendar of the client set by the option>
>>> evolutionsource= id: ... but als long I set uri = calendar, the
>>> data> from the source calendar on the client (for example
>>> evolutionsource> = id:2 for the work appointments ) are written
>>> into the DEFAULT> calendar in horde. But I would like to write my
>>> work appointments to> the calendar for work appointments in horde
>>> which is not the default> one.
>>
> This is not possible.
>
> I do not understand. At one side I can choose different calendars to
> sync and at the another I you say it is not possible to sync with
> different calendars in horde ? I could find many different
> descriptions in internet how to sync with horde over snycml, but
> none with descritpion how can I sync multiple calendras or To do's.
> What for are those settings about the calendars to sync ?

You *can* synchronize multiple calendar from Kronolith, but you
*cannot* synchronize existing events on the clients to other than the
default calendar in Kronolith. There is no way in SyncML to specify a
target calender on the server from the client.

> I will try follwing : set multiple configs for multiple sources on
> my phone and set the databases to the default values for horde. The
> I delete all my calendars in horde and I try a slow-sync. I expect
> that horde creates the calendars I defined as sources.

No.

> This is no syncevolution-specific setting. If you set syncml on the
> client, you create different config-directories with different
> settings for different sources. So i can create driectory called
> defaultcal and directory called workcal and just change the
> evolutionsource = ... option.

This *is* syncevolution-specific.

>>> Maybe i am doing something wrong or I do not understand properly
>>> the> settings. I hope I described the issue clear enough.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/