[sync] Horde-Thunderbird/Lightning sync

horde at azuleon.com horde at azuleon.com
Sun Oct 9 11:48:58 UTC 2011

Hi Carsten,

Quoting Carsten Schumann <grypho at tempus-vivit.net>:

> Hi Paolo,
>
> here is my approach which I use with Lightning and my Horde.
>
> To access the Kronolith calenadar with Lightning or Thunderbird, you
> have to create a new remote calendar. As URL you choose (as
> described at http://wiki.horde.org/KronolithSunbird)
> http(s)://yourhost/yourhordepath/rpc.php/kronolith/YOUR-HORDE-USERNAME/YOUR-HORDE-USERNAME.ics
> .

This is exactly what I've done... :-)  Before "bothering" people on
this list, I tried to gather as much information as possible and
following all the instructions available. My problem at the moment is
"troubleshooting"... I set up a calendar in Horde/Kronolith and then
created a remote calendar in Thunderbird/Lightning -- but they don't
"talk" to each other. For example, if I set an event in Lightning on
the remote calendar, it simply "disappears": it doesn't get created at
all, either locally (Lightning) or on on Kronolith. Before I used to
get an error but now not even that. During my different attempts, I've
installed and uninstalled different things, including Funambol;
unfortunately (stupidly!), I didn't really keep track of the different
variations tried (I was always hoping that the "next attempt") would
solve the problem...

I'm currently running Thunderbird 6.0.2 (I haven't upgraded to the
latest version yet because of an incompatible plugin) and Lightning
1.0b5 (the latest version, I believe). On the server side, I have --
and cannot change --
Horde 3.3.11 and Kronolith H3 (2.3.5); these are the versions that
come up when I access the Help files on the server.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone on this list could point me in
the right direction towards identifying what the problem might be. My
first question would be "Can Thunderbird/Lightning talk to
Horde/Kronolith 'out of the box' (without additional plugins/addons)
or do I need specific addons (such as Funambol, for example)?"... I
can easily set up test e-mail accounts and calendars, so your help and
guidance would be appreciated.

Best regards and thanks again for the feedback.

Paulo