[sync] Horde-Thunderbird/Lightning sync

horde at azuleon.com horde at azuleon.com
Sun Oct 9 14:36:43 UTC 2011

HI Florian,

Quoting Florian Brandner <florian at brandner.net>:

>> https://<my-domain-name>:2096/horde/rpc.php/kronolith/<the-exact-email-address-that-owns-the-calendar>/<LotsOfLetterAndNumbers>.ics
>
> Hm,
> have you tried to use the username instead of the email address?
> In my case here it is always only the username, which is identical to
> the name-part (the part before the @) of the local address. I think I
> never had to use the full email address.

I believe that is indeed one of the variants that I tried without
success (but I'll try it again, just in case). Perhaps I should add
that my Horde is on a shared web server (it's actually art of a cPanel
account). This means that the same server caters to domain_one,
domain_two, etc; the implication of this is that the there may be a
"username at domain_one" as well as a "username at domain_two" -- thus the
need to include the domain itself, rather than just the username?...

> But I also use a newer version of horde and kronolith. Horde 4.0.9 and
> Kronolith 3.0.10. Both are the most current versions I think.

The versions I have come standard with the current issue of cPanel and
I have no way of changing that, I'm afraid...

>>> This also works for the tasks in Nag.
>> What is "Nag"?
>
> "Nag" is the horde application for tasks. See
> http://www.horde.org/apps/nag for more info.

Sorry for the stupid question... :-) I thought of that only after
posting the previous message. Thanks, anyway.

>>> I use a LDAP-Addressbook, this can be used by Horde as well as
>>> Thunderbird.
>> Could you please expand on this?
>
> Well, I installed a LDAP-Server on my system. How to do this depends
> on your system and it is completely separated from Horde. On this
> Server you can then create addressbooks, which can be used by Horde as
> well as Thunderbird. For details, have a look at the horde wiki:
> http://wiki.horde.org/NewLDAPHowTo
> I used that page to install my system too.

I will certainly look into this. May I ask what sort of system you
installed this on?

Many thanks again for all the feedback.

Paulo