[sync] Timezone problem with ActiveSync

Faure, Paul paul.faure at agr.gc.ca
Fri Feb 24 19:05:18 UTC 2012

> > When I use ActiveSync from my iPhone to Horde, Calendar items end up

> > on the server 5 hours in the future as compared to the iPhone.
> > When an item is added to Horde and it syncs to the iPhone, the
> > calendar item shows up on the iPhone with the correct time.
> >
> > My time zone is EST (Which is -5 hours from UTC).
> >
> > I tried to visit http://bugs.horde.org/ Last night, but it was down.
> >
> > Changing the time zone within my users preferences seems to make no
> > difference.
> >
> > As a side note, I used Funambol to sync Horde to Outlook and don't
> > have any issues with the calendar items showing up with the wrong
> > time.
>
> Some more questions to help us narrow down the potential issue:
>
> What versions of Kronolith/Horde/ActiveSync?

The latest version from Pear as of last night. Sorry, not at home now,
so I can't check the exact numbers.

> Do you have Timezone support enabled on the iPhone? Is it set to the
same timezone as your Horde account?

Timezone support is set on the iPhone to Ottawa which is the correct
city. Horde has it set to the same thing.
I am using an older iPhone 3G.

> Is Kronolith configured to store events in UTC? (This is REQUIRED for
proper ActiveSync timezone support).

It was not.
That seems to have fixed it.

> FWIW, things work as they are supposed to for me - also in the same
TZ.

Many thanks Mike!

--
Paul