[sync] Timezone problem with ActiveSync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Feb 24 15:01:45 UTC 2012

Quoting "Faure, Paul" <paul.faure at agr.gc.ca>:

> Hi All,
>
> When I use ActiveSync from my iPhone to Horde, Calendar items end up
> on the server 5 hours in the future as compared to the iPhone.
> When an item is added to Horde and it syncs to the iPhone, the
> calendar item shows up on the iPhone with the correct time.
>
> My time zone is EST (Which is -5 hours from UTC).
>
> I tried to visit http://bugs.horde.org/ Last night, but it was down.
>
> Changing the time zone within my users preferences seems to make no
> difference.
>
> As a side note, I used Funambol to sync Horde to Outlook and don't
> have any issues with the calendar items showing up with the wrong
> time.

Some more questions to help us narrow down the potential issue:

What versions of Kronolith/Horde/ActiveSync?

Do you have Timezone support enabled on the iPhone? Is it set to the
same timezone as your Horde account?

Is Kronolith configured to store events in UTC? (This is REQUIRED for
proper ActiveSync timezone support).

FWIW, things work as they are supposed to for me - also in the same TZ.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org