[sync] Forwarded messages on ios

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Dec 31 19:56:18 UTC 2012

Quoting list-no-spam at ryux.org:

> Ok, I found the problem...
> From the Horde Wiki => http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync
>
> "Forwarding a message will always attempt to put the main message
> text body in-line and keep any original attachments. It seems that a
> number of devices cannot view message/rfc822 attachments, so any
> messages that have been forwarded as an attachment may not be
> viewable in the ActiveSync mail client."
>
> But... why this choice?
> I think than horde must be compliant with maximum mail app, no?

Sending as message/rfc822 **is** the way to be compliant with the
maximum number of mail applications.  It is defined as one of the
basic MIME types that need to be handled.

If a mail application can't handle message/rfc822, it is severely
broken.  We are not going to try to workaround these shoddy
implementations.

michael