[sync] Forwarded messages on ios

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Dec 31 20:05:03 UTC 2012

> Quoting list-no-spam at ryux.org:
>
>> Ok, I found the problem...
>> From the Horde Wiki => http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync
>>
>> "Forwarding a message will always attempt to put the main message
>> text body in-line and keep any original attachments. It seems that
>> a number of devices cannot view message/rfc822 attachments, so any
>> messages that have been forwarded as an attachment may not be
>> viewable in the ActiveSync mail client."
>>
>> But... why this choice?
>> I think than horde must be compliant with maximum mail app, no?

> Sending as message/rfc822 **is** the way to be compliant with the
> maximum number of mail applications.  It is defined as one of the
> basic MIME types that need to be handled.
>
> If a mail application can't handle message/rfc822, it is severely
> broken.  We are not going to try to workaround these shoddy
> implementations.

Not to mention that that quote or behavior has nothing to do with the
behavior of our ActiveSync implementation. It's explaining that if a
message is *received* that contains a message/rfc822 attachment ONLY
then it will not be readable on most ActiveSync clients. The
attachment is, of course, still transmitted to the device.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org