[sync] ActiveSync Sessions - don't seem to use the default Horde session handler?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Jan 6 07:47:09 UTC 2013

Quoting Johny Ågotnes <horde at agotnes.com>:

> Hey there,
>
> Just found a large number of session files in my /tmp folder even
> though I've set the Horde custom session handler to use mysql.
>
> I did a quick check and it seems the web-sessions to Horde use the
> custom session handler and the session data is in mysql as expected
> whilst the ActiveSync sessions cause session ID files (empty files)
> to be created in /tmp.
>
> This expected behaviour?

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: Even for requests that we don't want a full blown
session created, we still need to create a temporary session so that
we have a valid session id. The session id is used in some of the
authentication/encryption code. These "null" sessions do not persist
any data.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)