[sync] Littles questions about SyncML

Gerard Breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Thu Jan 10 10:21:43 UTC 2013

Le 9 janv. 2013 à 17:34, Michael J Rubinsky a écrit :

> Quoting Gerard Breiner <gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr>:

>>> Why did you change the Alias directive? That doesn't look right.
>>> --
>>> mike
>>>
>>> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
>>> mrubinsk at horde.org
>>
>> Humm… DocumentRoot is /www/horde5… given rpc.php is under
>> /www/horde5/ it comes  rpc.php is under the root /  no?
>
> No. The Alias directive maps URLs to filesystem paths, not to other
> URLs. The way you have it configured, the ActiveSync endpoint is
> redirected to a file named rpc.php in your filesystem's root directory.
>
>> Another thing I tried is to create an account exchange ActiveSync on
>> My Ical iPad but apparently the exchange of Ical is EWS and not
>> ActiveSync. Does a workaround exist  so that ical has the ActiveSync
>> capability ?
>
> No. This is what the client was written to work with, we can't tell
> the client to speak a different protocol.
>
>> I make another test on my mobile but SyncML this time and with an
>> url http://horde5.domain/rpc.php and it works very fine but only
>> from horde to my mobile.
>> It seems that with an url https there is an issue with certificates
>> that are not recognized as authority.
>
> Again, this sounds like a client issue. The client probably doesn't
> recognize the CA.
>
> --
> mike
>
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org

I forgot how works Alias directive, sorry…. So I corrected my mistake : Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /www/horde5/rpc.php  and not /rpc.php…. Many thanks Mike.
Then I tried again to create an account exchange activesync  from my mobile (client RemoSync of Remoba) which is exchange activeSync.
I face the error "Client does not support the protocol version". Yet I tried all of each version available in $conf[activesync][version]….

Best regards.

Gérard