[sync] Littles questions about SyncML

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jan 9 16:34:56 UTC 2013

Quoting Gerard Breiner <gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr>:

> Le 9 janv. 2013 à 15:33, Michael J Rubinsky a écrit :
>

>> Quoting Gerard Breiner <gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr>:

>>> Hi mike, I read and read again this wiki before to ask you…. Maybe I
>>> missed something ….
>>> However I configured apache webmail server as virtualhost  with ssl…
>>> Could there be an issue with the ssl certificates ?
>>> Here is my config apache … Could you tell me please if something is wrong ?
>>
>>> ## Allowing Horde to sync with mobile devices using the mobile
>>> device's support for Microsoft Exchange/ActiveSync
>>> #Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /www/horde5/rpc.php
>>> Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /rpc.php
>>> Alias /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml  /www/horde5/rpc.php
>>

>> Why did you change the Alias directive? That doesn't look right.
>> --
>> mike
>>
>> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
>> mrubinsk at horde.org
>
> Humm… DocumentRoot is /www/horde5… given rpc.php is under
> /www/horde5/ it comes  rpc.php is under the root /  no?

No. The Alias directive maps URLs to filesystem paths, not to other
URLs. The way you have it configured, the ActiveSync endpoint is
redirected to a file named rpc.php in your filesystem's root directory.

> Another thing I tried is to create an account exchange ActiveSync on
> My Ical iPad but apparently the exchange of Ical is EWS and not
> ActiveSync. Does a workaround exist  so that ical has the ActiveSync
> capability ?

No. This is what the client was written to work with, we can't tell
the client to speak a different protocol.

> I make another test on my mobile but SyncML this time and with an
> url http://horde5.domain/rpc.php and it works very fine but only
> from horde to my mobile.
> It seems that with an url https there is an issue with certificates
> that are not recognized as authority.

Again, this sounds like a client issue. The client probably doesn't
recognize the CA.

mrubinsk at horde.org