[sync] Littles questions about SyncML

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Fri Jan 11 18:42:13 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
> [...]
> The activesync code ignores any provided domain value and can use
> the username after the slash delimiter. As stated before,  this is
> either a very broken EAS client or the server is misconfigured.

I sure you're right - it's either the client or the server. 'cause the
network in between seems to work.

And in case it's a misconfigured server, I was just trying to be
helpful by getting the debug ball rolling - "it doesn't work because
you did something wrong" obviously didn't get Gerard very far so far.

Might the login.php call be made because the aliasing of
/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync to rpc.php failed for whatever
(configuration) issue, causing H5 to take it a as regular web request,
noticing that no login session was available yet and thus redirecting
the call to the "login wrapper"? That would indeed point to a
mis-configured server.

Gerard, what result do you get when accessing
horde5.domain.fr/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync? My browser then displays
a message with a (NLS) message "accessing the ActiveSync URL via
browser is not supported." Does your server respond similar, or are
you redirected to the login page?

Regards,
Jens