[sync] Littles questions about SyncML

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Jan 11 19:01:13 UTC 2013

Quoting "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>> [...]
>> The activesync code ignores any provided domain value and can use
>> the username after the slash delimiter. As stated before,  this is
>> either a very broken EAS client or the server is misconfigured.
>
> I sure you're right - it's either the client or the server. 'cause
> the network in between seems to work.

Not sure what the reason for the sarcasm is.  I was simply correcting
misinformation about the domain/username to avoid wasting time on that.

> misconfigured server, I was just trying to be helpful by getting the
> debug ball rolling - "it doesn't work because you did something
> wrong" obviously didn't get Gerard very far so far.

Sorry, exactly where did I say that?

> Might the login.php call be made because the aliasing of
> /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync to rpc.php failed for whatever
> (configuration) issue, causing H5 to take it a as regular web
> request, noticing that no login session was available yet and thus
> redirecting the call to the "login wrapper"? That would indeed point
> to a mis-configured server.

This is exactly what I already suggested earlier in the thread, among
other bits of information.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)