[sync] How to sync subfolders?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Feb 17 21:25:45 UTC 2013

Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:

> Currently I have ActiveSync setup to synchronize Calender, Contacts
> and E-mail. This seems works just fine, but it looks like only the
> messages in INBOX are pushed to the client. I receive no
> notifications for messages that are sorted into subfolders (through
> Sieve). Only when opening a subfolder on a client device, the
> messages are synchronized and I also receive a new mail notification
> on the client (so eventually messages are picked up).
>
> If I want to receive new mail notifications for subfolders, is this
> something I need to setup on the client, or is it possible to push
> them from the server as well? I have been looking through the
> preferences, but can't find how to do this.

This would be a client setting. Not all clients allow this to be set
explicitly. E.g., some clients will push a folder for some magical
amount of time after you initially view the folder but then stop,
while others allow you to explicitly set a folder to be pushed at all
times.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)