[sync] trash folder

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Feb 18 00:52:35 UTC 2013

Quoting Jens-Uwe Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Zitat von Jens-Uwe Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> ..but this would be no Trash folder known on the server, not the
>>> client. No idea how this would happen unless the FOLDERSYNC state is
>>> out of sync between the client and server. You can try resetting the
>>> device account. Otherwise, I would need to see the full SYNC request
>>> and response to know exactly what is going on.
>>
>> even after fully resetting both server and client side, sync after
>> having deleted a message on the remote client still give me the error
>> message (plus http 500 error code), so I sent you the according sync
>> log per email.
>>
>> With regards
>> Jens
>
> after having reset both server and client side, I now have the error
> message even if I have configured IMP to move messages to the trash
> folder :(
>
> I now wonder if it is a follow-up of my patch to limit the synched
> folders to special folders.
>
> Full trace available if you need it.

There are a few things going on with your log:
The log you sent me does not show the complete request/response for a
single action. It shows two different threads.

Regardless, it seems like you are trying to delete a message from your
Trash folder. In this case, the client should be sending the
DELETESASMOVES property set to the non-default value of '0' in the
request. Yours is not doing this, probably because the Trash folder
isn't marked as the special folder because of your patch.

Also, I'm not really clear on what is going on with that error
message, because while it appears from the request you are deleting
from the Trash folder, the command is showing it is trying to remove
from the INBOX, and to further complicate things, the error message
shows an empty folder name. Either your patch is screwing something
up, or it's something to do with Trash being a subfolder of INBOX on
your server.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)