[sync] trash folder

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Mon Feb 18 09:31:56 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
> [...]
> There are a few things going on with your log:
> The log you sent me does not show the complete request/response for a
> single action. It shows two different threads.

oops - I made sure I had only activated E-mail sync on my device. I'll
double-check what's going on, maybe the initial sync wasn't completed
for some reason (I waited until the resync indication on the remote
device was off and no new requests were reported by the server for
probably 10 seconds).

> Regardless, it seems like you are trying to delete a message from your
> Trash folder. In this case, the client should be sending the

No, the test case is

- delete current account setup on remote device
- delete association on server
- create a new account setup on the remote device
- select to sync only email
- once the sync is completed, I delete a single message from the inbox
on the remote device and manually start a re-sync.

> DELETESASMOVES property set to the non-default value of '0' in the
> request. Yours is not doing this, probably because the Trash folder
> isn't marked as the special folder because of your patch.

I have verified that the trash folder is synced as such during the
FOLDERSYNC request.

> Also, I'm not really clear on what is going on with that error
> message, because while it appears from the request you are deleting
> from the Trash folder, the command is showing it is trying to remove

which is not the case

> from the INBOX, and to further complicate things, the error message

which is what I've done on the remote

> shows an empty folder name. Either your patch is screwing something

The empty folder name was the second thing to catch the eye, right
after the message being non-english. I've traced the call down to the
routine that is called to delete the message via IMAP, but that one
completed without throwing an exception.

I'll put more debug points into the general code to catch the actual
source of the error message, then I should be able to identify the
cause.

> up, or it's something to do with Trash being a subfolder of INBOX on
> your server.

 From what I could debug so far, my patch returns the same list of
folders as with the original code level (as soon as I configure to
move messages to trash and select the trash folder in my personal
settings).

Regarding my patch screwing things up - this clearly may be a
possibility which I'll pursue further. I had justed hoped that you
might respond with something along the lines of "oh yes, the following
mechanisms were changed for the latest PEAR release, now you need to
...", as the only change was to update Horde to the latest PEAR code
and re-apply my change that worked well in the former version. Well,
not this time ;)

I'll get back to you when I have either found the source or new
questions I couldn't find the answers to by myself.

Thanks, and have a nice week

Regards,
Jens