[sync] How to sync subfolders?

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Mon Feb 18 12:33:50 UTC 2013

Citeren Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> Currently I have ActiveSync setup to synchronize Calender, Contacts
>> and E-mail. This seems works just fine, but it looks like only the
>> messages in INBOX are pushed to the client. I receive no
>> notifications for messages that are sorted into subfolders (through
>> Sieve). Only when opening a subfolder on a client device, the
>> messages are synchronized and I also receive a new mail
>> notification on the client (so eventually messages are picked up).
>>
>> If I want to receive new mail notifications for subfolders, is this
>> something I need to setup on the client, or is it possible to push
>> them from the server as well? I have been looking through the
>> preferences, but can't find how to do this.
>
> This would be a client setting. Not all clients allow this to be set
> explicitly. E.g., some clients will push a folder for some magical
> amount of time after you initially view the folder but then stop,
> while others allow you to explicitly set a folder to be pushed at
> all times.

The stock Android client doesn't support this (not surprisingly), so
I'm basically out of luck. Thanks for the quick reply so that I can
stop searching for the configuration option that would magically make
this happen. I guess I would either learn to live with this
limitation, or install a third party e-mail client that does support
this out of the box (there seem to be several that support this
feature). For now, I'll just deliver messages to the Inbox and copy
(rather than move them) to the required subfolders.

Best regards, Arjen