[sync] trash folder

Jens-Uwe Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Mon Feb 18 21:47:21 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
> Quoting Jens-Uwe Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Zitat von Jens-Uwe Mozdzen <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>>> Hi Mike,

>>> even after fully resetting both server and client side, sync after
>>> having deleted a message on the remote client still give me the error
>>> message (plus http 500 error code), so I sent you the according sync
>>> log per email.
>>>
>>> With regards
>>> Jens
>>
>> after having reset both server and client side, I now have the error
>> message even if I have configured IMP to move messages to the trash
>> folder :(
>>
>> I now wonder if it is a follow-up of my patch to limit the synched
>> folders to special folders.
>>
>> Full trace available if you need it.
> [...]
> Also, I'm not really clear on what is going on with that error
> message, because while it appears from the request you are deleting
> from the Trash folder, the command is showing it is trying to remove
> from the INBOX, and to further complicate things, the error message
> shows an empty folder name. Either your patch is screwing something
> up, or it's something to do with Trash being a subfolder of INBOX on
> your server.

I located the basic origin of the message, which immediately leads to
a follow-up question:

The error occurs in Horde_ActiveSync_Imap_Adapter::deleteMessages():

     public function deleteMessages(array $uids, $folderid)
     {
         $imap = $this->_getImapOb();
         $mbox = new Horde_Imap_Client_Mailbox($folderid);
         $ids_obj = new Horde_Imap_Client_Ids($uids);

         // Need to ensure the source message exists so we may properly notify
         // the client of the error.
         $search_q = new Horde_Imap_Client_Search_Query();
         $search_q->ids($ids_obj);

*** the following search triggers the error
         $fetch_res = $imap->search($from, $search_q);

         if ($fetch_res['count'] != count($uids)) {
             $ids_obj = $fetch_res['match'];
         }

Now my question is: What is "$from"? Seems like a block copy error to
me - it's not set here, thus the empty value. Shouldn't that be $mbox?

Regards,
Jens
--
Jens-U. Mozdzen                         voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : jmozdzen at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983