[sync] Client did not provide authentication data (H5 Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.2/ Nexus 7 4.2.2))

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 14:34:03 UTC 2013

On 21 March 2013 15:04, primaxx <erol.haagenrud at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for responding!

You're welcome - I forgot to tell you how much I loved the photo of
the tree on your site.

> Simon Brereton-3 wrote
>> What other trouble-shooting have you done?  I presume your ActiveSync
>> URL is reachable, yes? (Yes, I just checked your log snippet).  Is it
>> encrypted (https)?  (No).   Is your certificate valid?  Is the client
>> accepting it?
>
> I haven't been sure how to troubleshoot further, even after 24 hours og
> Googling...
> The server is reachable both through http (for testing purposes) and https.
> No, the certificate is not valid, but since I'm trying through plain http
> that shouldn't be an issue? And yes, my clients both accept the certificate
> when testing through SSL.
>
> Simon Brereton-3 wrote
>> What auth are you using for horde?
>
> That's a good question. Horde is installed on an Apache webserver managed
> with ISPConfig. It is in ISPConfig I set up and configure the email-clients.
> Horde then fetches the users from ISPConfig (I followed this tutorial:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/install-horde-4-webmail-for-ispconfig-on-debian-squeeze-through-pear).
>
> However, in Hordes admin-panel it states that *imp* handles
> authentications...? Which again reminds me of another thing (possibly
> related?): I tried to install (using pear) horde/passwd. It seemed to be
> installed, but it wasn't. No folders were created. When I tried to install
> it again, it failed with the error: No sufficient packages found...

Although it was released, I never got passwd to work for me in Horde4.
 I've never seen that error though.  Maybe Michael can help.

But on that note, it's worth upgrading anyway.  With horde4 you can
only sync calendar and contacts.  With horde 5 you can sync email as
well - so it's worth it.

> Simon Brereton-3 wrote
>> Are you using the stock client or another one?  What are your server
>> settings?
>
> I am using the stock client on both Android devices. The settings are
> simular to yours, but I have also tried to configure Horde to only ask for
> username, without that making any difference...
>
> Again, thank you for responding, and probably putting me on the right track.
> I'll have to figure out more about authentication in ISPConfig...

I know nothing about the ISPconfig (even if I did you use some of
their howto years ago before it crystalised into ISPconfig.  Using imp
should be ok,.

Does the Apache log say anything?  Perhaps turn the php debugging info
up (in the horde/config/conf.php and see if that offers you a clue.
If you're using the same username and password as you use to
authenticate horde, then there's a problem in how that's handed off to
the ISPConfig (although I can't see why it would be different from the
horde auth.

Simon