[sync] Client did not provide authentication data (H5 Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.2/ Nexus 7 4.2.2))

primaxx erol.haagenrud at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 14:04:02 UTC 2013

Thank you for responding!

Simon Brereton-3 wrote
> What other trouble-shooting have you done?  I presume your ActiveSync
> URL is reachable, yes? (Yes, I just checked your log snippet).  Is it
> encrypted (https)?  (No).   Is your certificate valid?  Is the client
> accepting it?

I haven't been sure how to troubleshoot further, even after 24 hours og
Googling...
The server is reachable both through http (for testing purposes) and https.
No, the certificate is not valid, but since I'm trying through plain http
that shouldn't be an issue? And yes, my clients both accept the certificate
when testing through SSL.

Simon Brereton-3 wrote
> What auth are you using for horde?

That's a good question. Horde is installed on an Apache webserver managed
with ISPConfig. It is in ISPConfig I set up and configure the email-clients.
Horde then fetches the users from ISPConfig (I followed this tutorial:
http://www.howtoforge.com/install-horde-4-webmail-for-ispconfig-on-debian-squeeze-through-pear).

However, in Hordes admin-panel it states that *imp* handles
authentications...? Which again reminds me of another thing (possibly
related?): I tried to install (using pear) horde/passwd. It seemed to be
installed, but it wasn't. No folders were created. When I tried to install
it again, it failed with the error: No sufficient packages found...

Simon Brereton-3 wrote
> Are you using the stock client or another one?  What are your server
> settings?

I am using the stock client on both Android devices. The settings are
simular to yours, but I have also tried to configure Horde to only ask for
username, without that making any difference...

Again, thank you for responding, and probably putting me on the right track.
I'll have to figure out more about authentication in ISPConfig...