[sync] Client did not provide authentication data (H5 Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.2/ Nexus 7 4.2.2))

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Mar 21 16:44:54 UTC 2013

> Quoting primaxx <erol.haagenrud at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello Horde users and developers,
>> I can't figure out why I get the error stated in the subject here.
>> If I try to connect, I always get the "Incorrect username or password" on my
>> Android device.
>>
>> *Server-Enviroment:*
>> Ubuntu 12.04, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3.10 (CGI/FastCGI)
>> The Horde-version is the latest stable 5.?.
>>
>> *ActiveSync settings:*
>> Enabled email sync EAS 12.1
>>
>> I should finally mention that I have tried with and without the domainname
>> in the username, and all the different sync versions.
>> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this?
>>
>> Activesync.txt <http://horde.690.n7.nabble.com/file/n108753/Activesync.txt>
>> Androidlog,txt
>> <http://horde.690.n7.nabble.com/file/n108753/Androidlog%2Ctxt>
>> wiresharklog.txt
>> <http://horde.690.n7.nabble.com/file/n108753/wiresharklog.txt>
>
> Are your horde usernames really full email addresses?

Actually, nevermind. That error message has nothing to do with
*failed* authentication. The ActiveSync code cannot find the user/pass
to even try.

You need to find out what the value of $serverVars is in
ActiveSync.php's authenticate() method:

Horde::debug($serverVars);

this will output the value in a file called 'horde_debug.txt' in your
server's tmp directory.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)