[sync] ActiveSync to SGS4 - policy interpreted different

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Jun 24 14:32:31 UTC 2013

Quoting "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:

> Hi,
>
> when setting a
> horde:activesync:provisioning:MaxInactivityTimeDeviceLock policy
> value and transferring it to a new Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android
> 4.2.2), the value is interpreted as "seconds", rather than the
> advertised "minutes".
>
> Up to now, we'd used this for WebOS phones only, where the value was
> actually taken as "minutes of inactivity".
>
> Do other devices / OS interpret this as seconds, too? I wouldn't
> expect some Android 4.1 to handle this differently, but haven't
> noticed reports on this list yet.
>
> I couldn't see how I might have messed up Horde's ActiveSync
> configuration, but if there's something I should have looked out
> for, please let me know.

The descriptive text in Horde's permissions interface was incorrect.
The protocol specifies that this value is in seconds. The description
has already been changed in Horde for the next bug fix release. We
were always just sending this value to the client as-is so if there is
a discrepancy between how clients interpret this, it is the client's
issue. It should be taken as seconds.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)