[sync] ActiveSync to SGS4 - policy interpreted different

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Mon Jun 24 14:39:54 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
> Quoting "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> when setting a
>> horde:activesync:provisioning:MaxInactivityTimeDeviceLock policy
>> value and transferring it to a new Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android
>> 4.2.2), the value is interpreted as "seconds", rather than the
>> advertised "minutes".
>>
>> Up to now, we'd used this for WebOS phones only, where the value
>> was actually taken as "minutes of inactivity".
>>
>> Do other devices / OS interpret this as seconds, too? I wouldn't
>> expect some Android 4.1 to handle this differently, but haven't
>> noticed reports on this list yet.
>>
>> I couldn't see how I might have messed up Horde's ActiveSync
>> configuration, but if there's something I should have looked out
>> for, please let me know.
>
> The descriptive text in Horde's permissions interface was incorrect.
> The protocol specifies that this value is in seconds. The
> description has already been changed in Horde for the next bug fix
> release. We

thank you for the clarification.

> were always just sending this value to the client as-is so if there
> is a discrepancy between how clients interpret this, it is the
> client's issue. It should be taken as seconds.

Yes, I was aware it's an issue of how the client interprets the value,
but got mislead by our first clients (WebOS), which  indeed seemed to
interpret this as "minutes". But OTOH, maybe it just increased the
value to some minimum - unlike Android, which locked up after 2 second
:D

Regards,
Jens