[sync] windows devices syncing

Andreas Schneider as at schneider-pc.ch
Tue May 27 15:44:36 UTC 2014

  ----- Nachricht von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
     Datum: Tue, 27 May 2014 11:13:11 -0400
       Von: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
Antwort an: mrubinsk at horde.org
   Betreff: Re: [sync] windows devices syncing
        An: sync at lists.horde.org

> Quoting Joel Regisford <joel at cringetechnologies.co.uk>:
>
>> Hi my name is Joel
>>
>> I am using horde for mail . calendar etc which works fine, the problem
am
>> having is that I am unable to sync horde with window devices ,
>> I am able to sync using android devices and apple devices fine via mail
>> and calendar etc, I thought all I needed to use was the same user
>> configuration I use in apple and android via exchange, but when I enter
>> in
>> user sync credential into window surface rt or any windows device am
>> unable
>> to connect an sync , is it possible someone can help me and let me know
>> what setting I need enter into windows devices to enable my users to
sync
>> mail calendar etc
>
> I assume you are talking about ActiveSync/Exchange accounts on all of
> the clients?
> What happens when you try to create the account? Any errors on the
> device, in any server logs, the sync log? Also, please read over
> wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync[1] for some common errors you may have made.
> Does you server have a valid ssl cert? Some clients require this or they
> won't connect...

----- Ende der Nachricht von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> -----

sorry mike

here is the conversation between joel and me

i have not noticed that i dont reply to the list too

sorry for the reverse posting

don't know about your config (webserver is in-house?). A valid name on a
certifcate points to a hostname (like mail.cringete...) for internal and
external DNS its should be the same name for access. Valid issuer for
certificates are thwate ... godaddy etc.

for next time please answer in the mailinglist ... not direct...

----- Nachricht von Joel Regisford <joel at cringetechnologies.co.uk>
---------