[sync] All day sync problem

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Sat May 31 07:36:22 UTC 2014

Zitat von Joel Regisford <joel at cringetechnologies.co.uk>:

> Hi
>
> Am having problems with Apple and android devices syncing all day events to
> horde, for example ive setup user account using exchange feature on apple
> ipad everything works fine with syncing events but I get a problem when I
> sync all day events from apple ipad device to horde calendar , what it does
> is duplicate the events e.g if I enter an event in my ipad all day Monday
> when it sync back up to horde calendar it replicate the event for sunday
> and Monday all day, when I check the times of the event on the horde
> calendar it say 11pm to 11pm which its why it doubling the event for
> another day , so its clearly a time issue from devices to horde but both
> time zone are correct , only seem to effect the all day event feature, is
> there away to fix this

All-day events are somewhat under-specified to my knowledge. There is
no consens how the start/end times should be set and what to do with
timezones so they tend to wander around. I have given up on using
all-day events because of this problems.

> *Confidentiality*
>
> This communication is intended for the addressee(s) indicated.  It may
> contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise
> protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution of this
> communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by returning
> the email or telephoning CRINGE Technologies Limited on 07957396413. Once
> the sender or CRINGE Technologies has been informed, please delete this
> email.

With this in mind no one on a mailinglist could answer your question,
but fortunately the legal binding of such cruft is below zero.

Regards

Andreas