[sync] Contact list syncing problems

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Sun Sep 14 20:32:22 UTC 2014

> <sync log sent off-list>
> 2014-09-12T18:36:01+01:00 INFO: [32166] Obtaining collection class
> of Contacts for collection id Cxxxxxxxe
> 2014-09-12T18:36:01+01:00 INFO: [32166] Collection added to
> collection handler: collection: @Contacts@, synckey: NONE.
>

> Tells me that you don't have separate address books enabled. Which
> is fine, and maybe what you want, but this will cause all address
> books to be combined into a single source when sending them over.
> Still, all the contacts should be visible (as long as you have read
> AND write access to them).

I don't mind if all the address books are combined on my mobile device
at the moment. I have another LDAP source which I may add to the
syncing list that has over 500 entries, so I may seperate them then.
One of the contact lists is in my personal address book which I have
full read/write access to, so rights shouldn't be a problem. The other
LDAP source of groups is only writeable by my uid so that I can
administer it for the rest of my users (who have only read access).

> As far as the GAL goes, I assume you set the correct source you want
> to use as the GAL in the turba config?

Indeed, the GAL is set to my LDAP address book of other system users,
and other users' photo's etc come down to my phone.

I think the problem may be to do with Turba and LDAP, but I'm not sure.

The contact list I added to my personal LDAP address book (which works
as expected through IMP), I cannot find if I browse my LDAP directory
manually using a web-based GUI (LAM). I also don't see it in the SQL
tables anywhere. There is no entry under my LDAP uid tree of
'personal_addressbook' for the contact list I create. I've uncommented
the 'turbaType and turbaMembers' mappings in my turba config and the
contact lists add fine with no error and they are retrievable via IMP
and turba in the web gui, but not via ActiveSync.

Does ActiveSync go through Turba to retrieve address book entries, or
does it query the source itself?

Many thanks,

Tim