[sync] Contact list syncing problems

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Sep 14 22:53:49 UTC 2014

Quoting Tim ODriscoll <tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk>:

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>> <sync log sent off-list>
>> 2014-09-12T18:36:01+01:00 INFO: [32166] Obtaining collection class
>> of Contacts for collection id Cxxxxxxxe
>> 2014-09-12T18:36:01+01:00 INFO: [32166] Collection added to
>> collection handler: collection: @Contacts@, synckey: NONE.
>>

>> Tells me that you don't have separate address books enabled. Which
>> is fine, and maybe what you want, but this will cause all address
>> books to be combined into a single source when sending them over.
>> Still, all the contacts should be visible (as long as you have read
>> AND write access to them).
>
> I don't mind if all the address books are combined on my mobile
> device at the moment. I have another LDAP source which I may add to
> the syncing list that has over 500 entries, so I may seperate them
> then. One of the contact lists is in my personal address book which
> I have full read/write access to, so rights shouldn't be a problem.
> The other LDAP source of groups is only writeable by my uid so that
> I can administer it for the rest of my users (who have only read
> access).

Oh. You are talking about contact lists. I had misread your question
to be about address books. ActiveSync does not support contact lists
in personal address books. When we can do, and I've seen some other
implementations do, is to translate the name of the contact list into
an ActiveSync category name and dynamically add this category to any
contact contained in the list. Not sure off hand how resource
intensive (or how much work this would be to implement) this will be
though.

Exchange Distribution lists, however, ARE supported via ActiveSync but
only when searching the GAL. Turba *should* correctly handle this case.

>> As far as the GAL goes, I assume you set the correct source you
>> want to use as the GAL in the turba config?
>
> Indeed, the GAL is set to my LDAP address book of other system
> users, and other users' photo's etc come down to my phone.
>
> I think the problem may be to do with Turba and LDAP, but I'm not sure.
>
> The contact list I added to my personal LDAP address book (which
> works as expected through IMP), I cannot find if I browse my LDAP
> directory manually using a web-based GUI (LAM). I also don't see it
> in the SQL tables anywhere. There is no entry under my LDAP uid tree
> of 'personal_addressbook' for the contact list I create. I've
> uncommented the 'turbaType and turbaMembers' mappings in my turba
> config and the contact lists add fine with no error and they are
> retrievable via IMP and turba in the web gui, but not via ActiveSync.
>
> Does ActiveSync go through Turba to retrieve address book entries,
> or does it query the source itself?

ActiveSync uses the contacts API to retrieve entries. So, through Turba.

--
mike
The Horde Project