[sync] Contact list syncing problems

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 14:14:06 UTC 2014

  On Thu, 18 Sep 2014, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> I went ahead and just prevented groups from being returned, period. All
> of the options to try to work around the protocol are just too risky -
> it's very likely that a user would think an email was sent to dozens of
> people in a distribution list when in reality it was only sent to the
> first person in the list with the rest silently ignored.

I submitted the contact-list expansion issue to the Nine email client
developers and they've fixed it in version 1.5.1b. I've tried it and
verified it works.

Given that the Apple app works (but warns you incorrectly) as well, is it
possible to re-enable groups being returned in searches?

Tim
   TIM ODRISCOLL   /BSC HONS/
/NETWORK MANAGER/
T: +44 (0)1344 882717
P: LAMBROOK SCHOOL, WINKFIELD ROW, NR ASCOT, BERKSHIRE, RG42 6LU

   _Website_[1]    _Facebook_[2]    _Twitter_[3]
_Newsletter_[4]    _Reviews_[5]

   Lambrook School Trust Ltd is a registered charity - Number 309098 - for
the education of children and a Limited Company registered in England and
Wales with registered number 898539.

   Details of our email policy can be found _here_[6]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.lambrookschool.co.uk
[2] https://www.facebook.com/lambrook