[sync] Contact list syncing problems

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 12:03:04 UTC 2014

  On Tue, 21 Oct 2014, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> No, I'd rather not. As long as there are still clients that can
> *silently* fail by either not sending the email, or only sending the
> email to one recipient, it's not really worth it. The only option would
> be to conditionally enable it based on the client, which I'll look into
> to see if it's possible without breaking BC - but won't promise anything.

I've come across another issue with contact lists and mobile devices:

If you 'reply-all' on an iOS or an Android 'Nine' client to a message that
originated from IMP and was sent to a contact list, the reply only goes to
the first 28 email addresses.

We have an 'all staff' contact list with 102 contacts, and on both iOS and
Nine it gets truncated when you reply-all.

How are other people dealing with mobile devices and large contact lists?

Tim