[sync] Contact list syncing problems

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Nov 6 17:42:36 UTC 2014

Quoting Tim ODriscoll <tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk>:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2014, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
>
>> No, I'd rather not. As long as there are still clients that can
>> *silently* fail by either not sending the email, or only sending the
>> email to one recipient, it's not really worth it. The only option would
>> be to conditionally enable it based on the client, which I'll look into
>> to see if it's possible without breaking BC - but won't promise anything.
>
> I've come across another issue with contact lists and mobile devices:
>
> If you 'reply-all' on an iOS or an Android 'Nine' client to a message that
> originated from IMP and was sent to a contact list, the reply only goes to
> the first 28 email addresses.
>
> We have an 'all staff' contact list with 102 contacts, and on both iOS and
> Nine it gets truncated when you reply-all.
>
> How are other people dealing with mobile devices and large contact lists?

The thing is, EAS isn't really designed to handle large numbers of
recipients entered individually. It's designed to use Exchange's
distribution lists for this purpose. This issue is almost certainly a
client-enforced limit. We don't enforce any limiting on recipient
counts server side.

--
mike
The Horde Project