[sync] Shared Calendar Syncing

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri May 1 22:10:25 UTC 2015

Quoting Tim ODriscoll <tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk>:

> On Fri, 01 May 2015, Tim ODriscoll wrote:

>>> This is indeed possible via ActiveSync already if the client supports
>>> multiple collections per type (Outlook 2013 supports this).
>>
>> Could you give me a brief overview of how to set it up? I've got Outlook
>> 2013 installed and have set up my Horde ActiveSync account on it, but
>> how do you add a calendar that has been shared with me via Kronolith to
>> my Outlook?
>
> Apologies - it seems it 'just works'. Any calendars that are
> displayed by default in Kronolith are sync'd down to the ActiveSync
> client.

Only calendars that are selected in the synchronization prefs for
Kronolith are included.

> Is there anyway to distinguish within Outlook which calendar the
> events are on within Kronolith?

Make sure you have selected "support separate calendars" in
Kronolith's sync preferences. Also, only calendars the user has read
and write access too are supported (there is no such thing as
read-only items in ActiveSync).

> In my scenario, how would my 6 users who are all sharing the one
> large calendar still be able to tell which events are on their own
> personal calendar and those on the shared calendar from within
> Outlook?

If Kronolith is configured correctly, Outlook should show the list of
calendars. If it's not configured for multiple calendar support, only
one calendar is shown which contains all entries "multiplexed" together.