[sync] Outlook 2013 Seemingly Random Duplicate Emails using ActiveSync

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Fri May 15 20:11:27 UTC 2015

On Fri, 15 May 2015, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
> It's related to the MOREAVAILABLE functionality. If you look at the
> group of messages the first time the message is sent, you'll see that
> it's the last 4 messages that are sent again in the following request
> that says it is sending messages remaining from the previous sync. For
> some reason, the state isn't being updated to reflect that it was
> already sent, or for some reason the message UID is returned twice from
> the IMAP server and we don't detect that.

Thanks for the explanation, Mike. I'm using Dovecot IMAP server and
the message list appears perfectly in IMP. From what you describe, it
sounds like Outlook is trying to initiate another sync before the
first is complete.

> Either way, the log was helpful. I'll look into it when I'm back in
> front of my dev box and have the time.

Thank you Mike, that's brilliant. I'll submit a bug for it in the meantime.

Tim