[sync] Android clients

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 01:42:13 UTC 2017

On 7 Dec 2017 02:09, "Michael J Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Ad-Min <admin at 123.dynu.com>:
>
>> Hello. I've been trying to get horde running on Android on and off for a
few
>> months without much success. I thought maybe I had a horde setup error
but I
>> couldn't find any issues. Then today I stumbled onto Nine exchange client
>> for Android, which worked immediately and properly. I tested several
other
>> email clients on the play store and found none that work, with the issue
>> that they do not download all of the mailbox - only a couple of days
worth.
>> Or they don't connect at all because of my home made certificate. The
only
>> other client I found that works is the Android email client from
CyanogenMod
>> (which I do not have installed on my own phone). I don't have any issue
>> paying for Nine, but it would be nice for others I plan to share my horde
>> installation to have a free option. Does anyone know of other working
>> alternatives to Nine and CyanogenMod?
>

> I've had no major issues on any stock Android client within, I would say,
at least two years if not longer. You don't say what any of the other
"several other" clients were, so I can't comment on if they are part of my
normal testing array or not. I know Touchdown was rather buggy, and I
stopped testing against it once Nine was released. Nine is the absolute
most complete, stable, EAS client for Android, but I know the stock client
works well.

+1 for the Nine client

Simon