[sync] Android clients

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Dec 8 15:26:15 UTC 2017

Quoting Ad-Min <admin at 123.dynu.com>:

> Yes, Nine is great. And so is the AOSP android email app.
>
> The issue I ran into with all the others I tried, including the stock email
> app on my (stock, unrooted) sony phone is that the inbox will only download
> 1-2 days worth of mail. Everything else works fine - send, receive,
> contacts, calendar, etc. The other issue is that I cannot search the mailbox
> on the server - which is necessary since there is very little in the inbox
> to search.
>
> Is it possible that a horde setting or setup issue is causing this 1-2 days
> of mail thing?

This is a setting of the EAS *client*. The EAS protocol allows to
specify the age of items to display in your folders. If your client
does not include this setting somewhere in the prefs, then it's a
*really* poor client. IIRC, I think the default for this value is
something like 3 days, so that may be what you are seeing.