[sync] ActiveSync, Tasks and DeadOccur

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Mar 31 19:07:58 UTC 2018

Quoting John Bieling <john.bieling at gmx.de>:

> Hi,
>
> has any of the horde EAS developers experience with the DeadOccur
> tag of EAS for tasks? The Microsoft documentation is very thin and I
> have not yet been able to understand, what this tag is doing and
> what it is for.

 From what I understand, that tag is used as a flag to indicate that a
Task object represents a specific occurrence of a recurring task, as
opposed to the object representing/defining the entire series. I
remember being somewhat confused as to how the value worked, however,
as the documentation from MS is pretty weak. IIRC, I think it was
Zpush, simply takes this tag as a boolean value.

> Follow up question: Does horde support this feature? (So I could
> test my EAS client against a horde server)

Horde currently ignores this tag, however. Implementing this is on my
ever growing list of todos once I find the time...