[sync] Active Sync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Sep 7 14:31:44 UTC 2019

Quoting support at 4xtra.com:

> I have managed to link my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S9 to my Horde
> installation
>
> I have two questions:
>
> So far the synchronisation is almost unidirectional - events entered in
> Horde are all downloaded to the phone and amendments thereto are
> returned to Horde, but new events create on the phone do not appear in
> Horde. I cannot see an option to activate this, so is it a bug, is the
> feed only on events created in Horde or have I simply missed a setting
> somewhere?

Not sure without more information. ActiveSync is definitely
bidirectional, and is working fine. The symptoms you describe could be
caused by some misconfiguration possibly related to the default
calendar / sync preferences in horde. You should also check that when
you create the new event on your device, you are actually creating it
under the account that is synced to Horde (this has bitten even me a
few times on some clients).

What client are you using on the phone? Are there any errors showing
in the Horde log, or the ActiveSync log?

> Secondly, assuming that I can synchronise news events from the phone to
> horde, is it possible to upload historic events & contacts?

Not easily or directly from the phone, no. On the phone's client you
might be able to move existing events from your local phone account to
the horde account one by one; or if the client allows exporting its
event database as an iCalendar file, you could then import that into
Horde's interface...but ActiveSync accounts are always separate
accounts on the client.

> Also I seem to have "broken" IMP, in that I am now getting "IMAP Error
> Reported by Server" (although sending of emails works, nothing is
> recorded in the Sent folder, therefore I appear to have mucked something
> up, although this might also be related to my upgrade from Ubuntu 18.1
> to 19.04 this morning. I will have to try to find a more detailed error
> message to get to the root of this issue. No other features seem to be
> affected.

Yeah, nothing I can really suggest here without more information.  I
assume you have enabled the imap log in imp/config/backend.local.php?