[sync] Using activesync with git version of horde

Mike barjunk at attglobal.net
Wed Sep 29 22:10:34 UTC 2021

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Am 28.09.21 um 02:39 schrieb Mike:
>>
>> I've installed horde using the git version of horde and have
>> installed the activesync module.
>>
>> Are there other pieces I need to load as well?
>>
>> I would expect that in the administration menu that ActiveSync
>> would be listed.
>>
>> Additionally, when setting permissions, I'd expect it to also exist there.
>>
>> Probably just don't have all the needed pieces.
>>
>> Thanks for some guidance.
>>
>> Mike
>
> If you use ActiveSync in horde-git or horde/composer, you should
> have all the pieces in place already. You may want to configure a
> redirect for the well-known URIs to help apps on your mobile to
> autodetect.
>
> Out of curiosity: Which use case is better for you using ActiveSync
> rather than CalDAV/CardDAV and imap?

As far as use case, I prefer Activesync, but honestly haven't tried
CalDAV/CarDAV w/imap.

Can you do contact syncing with the latter?  My main goal is to sync
mail, contacts, calendar.  I'd like todo's as well, but am not using
it currently.

I apologize for not being clearer...I made the assumption that I'd get
similar administrative menu items with the git version of horde and I
used composer to install the ActiveSync module, like this:
composer.phar require horde/activesync dev-FRAMEWORK_6_0

However, I don't see the permissions for activesync nor the activesync
menu like I do on my older install.

This makes me believe that I didn't do something right.

Why don't those items appear?

Mike