[thor] Re: I should create a custom.php file in horde/thor/lib/Project

Carlos Pedrinaci cpedrinaci at yahoo.es
Tue Feb 22 03:11:10 PST 2005

El lun, 21-02-2005 a las 19:04 -0600, Edwin L. Culp escribió:
> I'm looking at thor and get the idea that a custom.php file should be created in
> horde/thor/lib/Project for each service product that will be sold.
>
> Service Product I could consist of:
>    Step A
>    Step B
>    Step C
>    Step D
> Finished

I'm not really sure to understand what you are saying here.

> Afer the customer has made the order, a person will be asigned to each step and
> will be responsible for completion and should register:
>    progress
>    problems
>    time spent
>    etc. until his step is completed (not unlike a bug in whups)
>
> In addition to control of each step, global project progress should also be
> controled.
>
> When finished we should know the time spent and an have enough information to
> evaluate efficiency for each instance of each product,
>
> At first glance, it would appear that creating a custom.php file for each
> product would do everything needed.

I guess your are mixing the workflow/planning side from data regarding
projects:

Subclasses of Project are now used for customizing the generic Project
class. It would certainly be more usefull if users can define these new
kinds of classes using an interface that generates XML definition files.
But this is unfortunately to be done, yet.

On the other hand, workflow/planning is thought to be supported in the
future via Whups and a notification system we have been working on (it
is currently under analysis). The idea is basically to have the
interesting bits of a project plan as Items so that they can be created
by project administrators. These would compose the project plan and
would be supported by tickets in whups, so that we can track them and
make use of Whups (great) features.

So for your case (if I understand you correctly), you would need to
define your own kind of Project (if you actually need it) and create the
items you require (Items being the components of your project).
Establishing the workflow is not yet supported and you would need to
hack it.

Carlos