[thor] Fwd: RE: Horde Customisation and additions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jul 20 20:42:37 PDT 2005

> Hi, this is from a potential client, any comments?

> However, I've been playing with the Projects module (thor) and I'd like
> to use it show the status of the current projects. However, it appears
> to be in the very early stages of development. What I'd like is to
> complete the functionality such that project definitions do not require
> the specification in PHP as it is currently.
>
> Ideally what I'd like to define the project life cycle and deliverable
> and track it along those lines, the whole thing should be configurable
> from the GUI front end, much like Whups is. I'd like to be able to
> change the OSs on a per-project-type basis, enable project deletion,
> enable status notes to be added to the file.
>
> Does this align with the Thor development direction?
>
> I like to keep and extend the ability to request projects as that will
> mean requesting projects will be rigorous.

All makes sense to me, and sounds desirable.

I'm curious how folks would feel about possibly using RDO in Thor,
instead of basing it so heavily on DataTree stuff. It'd be a pretty
good app to use as a testbed for newer components. The catch, of
course, is requiring PHP5. Thoughts?

-chuck

Quincy Adams