[thor] Fwd: RE: Horde Customisation and additions

Carlos Pedrinaci cpedrinaci at yahoo.es
Thu Jul 21 01:01:34 PDT 2005

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

>Quoting Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>

>>Hi, this is from a potential client, any comments?
>>
>>=======================================================================
>>However, I've been playing with the Projects module (thor) and I'd like
>>to use it show the status of the current projects. However, it appears
>>to be in the very early stages of development. What I'd like is to
>>complete the functionality such that project definitions do not require
>>the specification in PHP as it is currently.
>>
>>Ideally what I'd like to define the project life cycle and deliverable
>>and track it along those lines, the whole thing should be configurable
>>from the GUI front end, much like Whups is. I'd like to be able to
>>change the OSs on a per-project-type basis, enable project deletion,
>>enable status notes to be added to the file.
>>
>>Does this align with the Thor development direction?
>>
>>I like to keep and extend the ability to request projects as that will
>>mean requesting projects will be rigorous.
>>=======================================================================
>>

>All makes sense to me, and sounds desirable.
>
>I'm curious how folks would feel about possibly using RDO in Thor,
>instead of basing it so heavily on DataTree stuff. It'd be a pretty
>good app to use as a testbed for newer components. The catch, of
>course, is requiring PHP5. Thoughts?
>
>-chuck

I was wondering about what this RDO stuff was.
Actually I had a look at the code and it seemed to be the kind of stuff
I *really* like but I wasn't sure about your intentions and... well..
given that you wrote once "don't ask and wait until its done".. I was
waiting :)

So.. now I have a nice excuse for asking :)

According to the code I quickly browsed, I'd say that it'd be
interesting to use it and moving into PHP5 does not pose any problem,
far from that, actually I think Thor would be *much* cleaner based on PHP5

-- Carlos