[trean] No category tree displayed in Trean. Head

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Sep 25 13:09:48 PDT 2004

Quoting Edwin Culp <eculp at encontacto.net>:

> As a part of early spring cleaning, I just downloaded a brand new cvs head of
> everything in horde and new mysql, ldap and friends.  Tried out the graphic
> administration configuration, very cool and easy, and configured most of the
> modules. Everything is working as expected but without old hacked
> configurations, database and files.
>
> Some time ago, I mentioned that I wasn't seeing the Trean Categories
> in the left
> column of the right frame and seemed to be alone so I figured that I
> had garbage
> in mysql that was conflicting and have done without them for some
> time.  I now
> have a completely clean database and installation, I have categories and
> sub-categories but still have the column that used to show the tree empty.

Sorry for answering my own mail but the problem is from using ldap
prefs.  If I
switch to mysql prefs it immediately works as expected.

I still have no idea why nor if other apps could share the same or similar
problems.  It also explains why no one else was seeing the problem.

I remembered that I lost the categories when the bookmarks were moved
from prefs
to data-tree.

Thanks,

ed