LDAP Active Directory Connection

Oakes, Edward B eoakes@RADFORD.EDU
Thu, 31 May 2001 23:28:17 -0400

We are currently using IMP 2.2.x as a webmail client for
campus with about 4000-5000 unique users on an average day.

We are currently testing the IMP 2.3 code and looking at Turba
for its contact management capabilities.

I have the latest CVS version of Turba installed with the MySQL
portion working and an LDAP lookup to Bigfoot seems to work
well after I did my last CVS update a few minutes ago.

We would like to see if Turba can make an LDAP connection to our
Windows 2000 Active Directory server.  I used the following
knowledge base article and a little analysis of the code to
make the sources.php changes noted below. (NOTE: That
we have to provide username and password to read anything from
the ldap server, so I added the bind_dn and bind_password
entries.)

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/0/07.asp

Any suggestions on making this work?  I looked at the packet
dumps of the the Windows 98 Address book lookup and wasn't
able to come up with a quick fix.

(I am not sure about the public and readonly settings as I
didn't look through the code to find out what they were doing.)

$cfgSources['Radford'] = array(
    'title' => 'Radford',
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(