[turba] MySQL Upgrade Script from IMP 2.2

mathieu.clabaut@free.fr mathieu.clabaut@free.fr
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:00:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Nicola Foggi wrote:

> I scoured the archives for a script to upgrade the old IMP 2.2
> contacts database to the new Turba database format, but couldn't find one.
 Neither did I !

> Does anyone have one written?  It's not too complicated except I'm not sure
> how the "object_id" field is created!
 I've done it by hand, editing the dump of the table. The only requirement
 I've seen about object_id is to be uniq (it seems to me it is created by
 something like : md5(uniqid(rand())). Instead, I simply put a number,
 incremented for each row, and it seems to work perfectly.

 But be sure that the 'name' field is not empty, because the only way to edit
 a contact is by clicking on the 'name' field after a search....

 Hope this would help....

 Correct me if i wrote something wrong...