[turba] Trouble adding new entry...

Ray Van Dolson vandra@wwc.edu
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 21:21:19 -0700 (PDT)

First off, thank you for all the helpful responses.  This seems like a
really basic problem and it's frustrating that it still won't work.  Let
me outline the exact steps I've gone through:

Installed PHP 4.0.6

Installed horde-cvs, imp-cvs and turba-cvs.  IMP works fine--I can send
and receive email using it from multiple sites.

However, I am still getting this error when I attempt to add an entry to
the addressbook:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: quote() in /usr/local/apache-1.3.20/htdocs/horde/turba/lib/Driver/sql.php on line 149

This is because I didn't have the latest cvs version of Pear installed on
my system.  Should be easy to fix right? :)  First off let me say that
there are no other php.ini files, pear paths or anything on my system.
The only things that exist are:

/usr/local/lib/php.ini
/usr/local/lib/php (and the stuff under it)

First of all I grabbed the php4/pear cvs tree and cp -pr'd it over
/usr/local/lib/php.  No go.  Same error even though I can see the quote()
function in DB/common.php.  Just seems to ignore it!

Then I restored the original php tree and went into my /usr/local/lib
directory:

cvs -d :pserver:cvsread@cvs.php.net:/repository login
cvs -d :pserver:cvsread@cvs.php.net:/repository export -D "last week" php4/pear

Now I have /usr/local/lib/php and /usr/local/lib/php4/pear.  This is the
method suggested by the Pear DB tutorial on vulcanonet.com.  I tried the
following combinations for my include_path:

include_path = '/usr/local/lib/php4/pear:/usr/local/lib/php'
include_path = '/usr/local/lib/php4/pear'
include_path = '/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php4'

(all three verified using phpInfo())

The same darn quote() error still comes up no matter what the permutation.
Even if I remove the old /usr/local/lib/php tree and completely replace it
with the new CVS pear one, I still get the error.  This is frustrating
because I can see the quote() function in the DB/common.sql file!  Heck I
even went into Driver.sql and added @include_once 'DB/mysql.php'.  That
did nothing as well however.

Anyways, is there anything blatantly wrong with my procedure above?  I
feel like I've tried the obvious, checked to make sure there were no other
files on the system that might be conflicting but still it won't work.