[turba] ldap user auth

Terry Davis tdavis@birddog.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:05:05 -0500

Ok, sorry Atif, it has been a long week.  Microsoft is invading on my space and creating havoc on my network.....and my mind.  :)

>Is this related to the  "[turba] help me understand how ldap-write works
 >for turba" thread, and you just need the username and password for
 >binddn and bindpw.

Yes.  If I can at least get that information in a variable somehow (securely), then it _should_ be easy to implement that into the /turba/config/sources.php file.  This I will have to learn a bit of php for but that is not a big deal.   Chuck hinted that this might be a bad idea.  I am guessing there might be security concerns if we start throwing the auth information around.

This would definately take turba to the next level IMHO.  LDAP is the only way to go when providing addressbooks.  I do not know of another, windows based email client that can use sql as a source for an address book.

Comments?

Thank you for sticking with me through my idiocy.  :)

--
Terry Davis
Systems Administrator