[turba] ldap user auth

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:17:06 +0200

Terry Davis wrote:

> Yes.  If I can at least get that information in a variable somehow (securely), then it _should_ be easy to implement that into the /turba/config/sources.php file.  This I will have to learn a bit of php for but that is not a big deal.

Ok, now you are talking.
Here is what you need to put in the sources.php.

Assuming:
  * each user's address book is under
    ou=People,uid=SOMETHING,ou=People,dc=birddog,dc=com
  * turba is set to authentify via IMP.

'root'	=> 'ou=People, uid=' . $GLOBALS['imp']['user'] ,
',ou=People,dc=birddog,dc=com',
'bind_dn' => 'uid=' . $GLOBALS['imp']['user'] .
',ou=People,dc=birddog,dc=com',
'bind_password' => Secret::read(Secret::getKey('imp'),
$GLOBALS['imp']['pass']),

> Chuck hinted that this might be a bad idea.  I am guessing there might be security concerns if we start throwing the auth information around.

I dont know if its a bad idea.
It does work, and I dont see any security concerns, then again, Chuck
has a better information on the Auth stuff and Horde in general.

Let me know if it works.

cheers