[turba] MySQL and owner_id field

M Z Rahman zrahman@partex.net
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 06:42:00 +0000

Thanks for the reply.

With the 2.2x versions of IMP I had some problems of unwanted logout while
loging in. I read the faq and found that it might be a PHP problem (using
php3.ini's optimized version rather than the dist version). I used the dist
version, but no luck. So far, after installing the new IMP and PHP from CVS, the
problem never occured. Again, as CVS version of Horde and IMP, and PHP is a
devel version, which could act unexpectedly as mentioned in the websites, I do
not want to keep any option. That's why, I want to have several servers. Like,
my main domains are dhakacom.com and partex.net and they have completely
different set of users. So, I installed two different IMP 2.3 servers for them,
from where my users can check their mails. If any of this servers fail, I want
my users to use my backup IMP 2.3 server, so that they can at least get access
to their mails instantly.

THis is the only reason I want the backup IMP server to have access to the
hore_prefs table from both the other server, when users from either domains
login. I have no intention of asking you to put this feature permanantly in IMP
or Horde. I want it locally in my backup IMP server.

So, if I move the prefs settings from horde.php to servers.php in imp and put a
if statement for each mysql server depending on domain selection, then do you
think it will work properly?

Regards,

Zia